Myeongdong, the famous shopping district of Seoul. From clothes, shoes, accessories, make up and even delicious street foods can be bought here. Several shops line between every alley of Myeongdong but unlike Namdaemun and Dongdaemun, Myeongdong has several designer brand stores.
Myeongdong had been a tourist spot for every foreigner. There are also several restaurants and cafes in the area. A theatre and money changers are there too. While I was roaming around, every make up shop offers, freebies when you walk right in, even if you didn’t buy anything, well other’s give freebies when you bought something.
Splurge on Korean street foods while doing your shopping here is such a great idea. It gets crowded at night as more stores are being open on the side of the streets. Aside from splurging on street foods and shopping, try to visit Myeongdong Cathedral too! 🙂
How to get there:
- Take Seoul line number 4 to Myeongdong Station and take exit 6 or
- Take line number 2 and get off at Euljiro 1-ga Station.
Namdaemun Market is just a walking distance from Myeongdong. It is the oldest and largest market in Korea and it’s even open until 4:00am. You can buy a variety of clothes, kitchenwares, toys, ginseng, Korean snacks for pasalubong, etc. You name it. All are being sold at a cheaper price compared to other markets and you can even haggle. I mostly bought a lot of Korean snacks to bring home here.
How to get there:
- Take subway line 4 to Hoehyeon Station and take exit 5, 6 or 7 and walk your way to Namdaemun Market
Check more posts about my Seoul-o trip! 🙂
- SEOUL-O TRIP
- Kimchee Downtown Guesthouse
- Nami Island and Petite France
- Insadong and Bukchon Hanok Village
- Gyeongbokgung Palace and Gwangjang Market
- Ewha Womans University and Hongdae
- Hangan River/Seoul Marina and Namsan Park/N Seoul Tower